Diets are defined in the traditional sense of following a specific eating plan for weight loss / obesity.
Sure, following any of the hundreds of plans that have been promoted in the last few decades may result in some weight loss, but the benefits typically do not last.
Sadly, there is no magic bullet. No, not even those prescription medications that are common these days. Sure, they may result in shedding some pounds, but I've been observing nasty side effects in people that use them, and without lifestyle changes are made, the pounds will come back.
The average American keeps getting heavier, especially children, and the new miracle diets keep coming, and the average American keeps getting heavier, especially children, and …
I suspect you get my point.
But wait, I have this diet that works and I offer a guarantee and … Gotcha! Sorry, there are no simple, miracle solutions / plans. There never was any and there never will be.
I am happy to report that what does work for weight management, always has and always will work, is this: careful food selections, self control, occasional splurging (yahoo!), Acceptance of how God made you, and eating slower, smaller more numerous meals.
This is the holistic approach and it's what I advocate.
Why do not you see this type eating advice advertised on TV or in magazines anywhere? It's because nobody makes any money when you do it. Surprise! In fact, many people will make less money when you follow a healthy holistic eating lifestyle, sometimes doctors because you will likely be ill less often.
Please become aware that the media and it's advertisers are becoming increasingly talented at getting and keeping our attention, particularly when it comes to our physical appearance. They place pictures of beautiful people with gleaming muscles (they are oiled), rippling six pack abdomens (they are airbrushed or do dozens of sit-ups immediately before the picture is taken), or even yet the people are taking steroid type drugs to enhance their physiques. These "models" are not representative of we typical humans. You and I need to be wise to this, even though we enjoy looking.
Also, be wary of some of the food products, their claims, and what's in them.
The top 10 deceiving "healthy" foods that lead to weight gain and other health problems:
– margarine, because it lacks the essential oils necessary for a healthy cardiovascular system.
– artificial sweeteners, because they contribute to inflammation
– soy, because it can mimics the hormone estrogen
– most granola bars, because they contain excess sugar
– most dehydrated fruits, because they have added sugar
– most juices, because they lack pulp and contain excess added sugars
– whole grain products, because many people have hidden gluten allergies
– commercially grown apples, bell peppers, celery, cherries, and imported grapes because they are the top 5 most chemically treated produce and contain toxins.
– all orange juice, because it is well known to increase inflammation
– commercially raised chicken because it's likely raised indoors, given antibiotics and probably hormones for faster growth
So scrap the diet plans and get the mind set that weight management benefits lifelong "good" eating habits. Simplistic is not it? Better yet it's either difficult or expensive.
So what's a person to do? The answer is this: small changes done consistently. Step one takes getting your thinking right first. Your brain has to change before your body will. Without that, all diets fail long term.
Here are a few tips:
– Eat smaller quantities and more often
– Eat fresher foods
– Eat organic grown varieties
– Eat slower
– Do not drink more than a few sips while eating
– Start a garden
– Eat more variety
– Add more fresh herbs and spices
Get to know the list of the 10 most chemically treated produce (avoid them), some detox / cleansing routines, recipes, and even some tips on simplistic gardening. These realistic weight management tools will produce results that last. Do not hesitate to seek professional guidance if needed.
I also recommend eating a big salad every day, possibly making a meal out of it by adding some quality protein like walnuts, fish, chicken, or beans.
And yes, do not worry, we can still enjoy goodies like ice cream on occasion, but with self control please.
Follow the above guidelines for the best management of weight loss / obesity.
Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Der Immoblienmakler für Heidelberg Mannheim und Karlsruhe
Wir verkaufen für Verkäufer zu 100% kostenfrei
Schnell, zuverlässig und zum Höchstpreis
Source by Dr Tom Potisk